Step 12B - Mission Contracts

So you have now decided to try to attempt a mission contract, but do you know how to attempt a mission? You will shortly if you read on!

When you get to the "Missions" screen, you will see a list of 5 mission contracts, and directly under that, the options to scroll through the different pages of available missions.

There are four things to a mission. The reward, which can be payed in credits, segments or workers. The mission's description which is where the reward is displayed, the difficulty percentage and the time left remaining for a commander to accept and complete the mission. Completed missions will automatically be removed from the list, and no mission may be attempted twice by the same commander.

Missions are on a random generated system that takes templates created by users on the bottom of this page and generates custom and unique missions for commanders to complete. Fifteen missions are generated every 10 minutes so that all commanders have a good variety of missions to choose from.

For 1% to 4% difficulty missions you need 100,000 fleet power for every percent. For Example, a 1% mission will require a total power of 100,000. A 4% mission will require 400,000 total fleet power. However, from 5% missions and above, it will require 1,000,000 fleet power per percent to be able to attempt the mission. Five million for a 5% mission, twenty-five million for a 25% mission, etc.

Fleet power can be seen in the war room, next to each fleet. While the war room can be useful, it is easier to look on the rankings page to see your total power as the rankings shows your total power. Keep in mind that when doing missions that credits, workers, segments and ships determine your total power and will determine the difficulty of the fleets you face in combat. After determining your total fleet power, you will then know the highest percent mission you can attempt.

While you may be able to attempt a certain percent mission, it is not always wise to attempt the highest mission. The higher the percentage, the stronger the fleets you will face. In order to win a mission you must meet 2 requirements. The first is that you must destroy at least 30% - 50% of the enemy armada you face. The percentage of the enemy armada you need to destroy will be determined by the reward upon successful completion of the mission. In the beginning, you will only need to destroy 30% of the enemy armada because for every 12,000,000,000 workers/credits as a reward, 1% will be added to the required percentage that you need to kill. We won't be reaching that value until we have truly gotten to know the tricks of the trade when it comes to commanding.

The second requirement is that you must lose less power then the enemy. Say you face 10 ships total. To satisfy the first requirement you must destroy at least three ships. To win the mission you must also lose less power then your enemy. Say you do destroy the one enemy ship and that ship was worth 400,000 power, yet the enemy manages to destroy 20 of your ships and you end up losing 800,000 power. The second requirement will not be satisfied because you lost 400,000 more power then the enemy. Let's now look at this with a victorious outcome. Say you destroyed all of their ships instead of just three and the enemy will now have lost 1,000,000 power. This means you now have destroyed more then 30% of the enemy armada, and you lost 200,000 less power then the enemy. Therefore in this example, the outcome would be victorious

With that being said I must end this section of the guide and leave you with the choice of completing a mission on your own, or examining the market. We cannot recommend that you attempt a mission due to the random nature of encountered fleets. Different fleets fight different battles, and what your ship may be strong in, may be weak in another. There is always a random possibility that your fleets might be completely destroyed. If you have already checked out the market and have completed a mission, then you are finally ready to learn about the Dooms Day Device.

Click here to proceed